Creating our Hall Art

Thursday, July 19, 2012

We read a poem called "Looking up, looking down" by Elizabeth Taillie. We went outside and lay on our backs looking up and looking down. We then wrote our own poems.

Looking up Looking Down

I lie on my back and look at the sky, wow it's so high.
I look around and see amazing things!
I list some things in my head, I feel like I'm in bed.
And these are the things I saw in the sky. 
I saw amazing New Zealand shapes and sprinting dogs. 
I saw horse heads and dancing shoes.
Wow, it looks so cool.

by Tania and Paige


Looking up Looking Down 

I lie on my back very still,
Watching, waiting, until...I see
Rollicking cloud rivers racing by
Frothing and foaming through the sky.
Fairy skyscrapers (they're called trees)
Their tops swaying in the breeze.
A monster in hysterics, laughing loud
(did you know he's just a cloud?)
But now I must go back inside,
I've had such a fun time.

by Kiri


Looking up Looking Down

I lie on my back and look at the sky, 
watching fluffy white clouds go racing by.
I also see the pale green leaves falling from the sky.
I see the bids singing as they go and hunt for food and water.
I look up at the sky and everything makes me so small.

by Rebekah


When I look at the Sky

When I look at the sky I feel so small
but when I face the front I look at my toes and it feels like my toes seem far away.
But then I look at the sky again and it feels like I can touch the clouds
But they are running away from me.
Suddenly I see a fish with a mustache and sticking its lips out.
But in the end I feel so big when I stand up.

by Helleena


Beautiful Sky

Look up at the clouds
You will see them going round and round.
All puffy and white, it looks just quite right.
Wires hanging from wood, it looks quite good.
If you think it's paradise come see the surprise!
Come outside, get on your back and of course no it's not fake, 
look at the sun sparkling out.
Should we go inside or stay out?

by Hannah


Look up Look down

I lie on my back and look up at the sky
and see a cloud that looks like a crab.
Then I see a giant foot
I think I am so small.

by Liam


No comments:

Post a Comment